Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just the beginning!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to You. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all of your heart. " Jeremiah 2:11-13.

For the past couple of years I have grown tired of my apathetic life. Jesus states that the greastest commandment is to love God and to love others. I began to pray that God would break my heart for what broke His. In His perfect timing He has slowly been revealing this to me. As I prayed more about this; God put YWAM (Youth With a Mission) on my heart. I applied to do a dts (disciple training school) this spring and on March 29th, I began my dts in Salem, Oregon. The dts I am attending is a special focus school. There main focus is Social Injustice in the world-human trafficking, child soldiers, poverty and hunger, orphans, abortion, and unclean water. During this school, we have a 3 month lecture phase; in which we prepare our hearts to go out and give back to others who need to see God's free love. The last 6 weeks of our school is an outreach phase. This means we will get to visit another country and apply what we have learned.

The past few months I have spent in preparation for this. It was not easy to leave my job, family, friends, and comforts behind. I got the oppurtunity to spend a week visiting family and friends which was fun, but far too short. It was a good to explain to everyone what I was about to venture into and to feel their support. I wish I had time to do this with so many more of you. But know that I am thinking and praying for all of you.

The biggest lesson I have learned in this is that when you follow Him into the unknown, He is faithful. The safest place to be is in His hands. Even if I have fears and reservations...it is somewhere He has already been. I continue to pray that God will give me this undescribable peace and strength. I continue to pray that I can be more open and vulnerable to whatever it is that He wants to do. I am so excited to see what He is going to do in all of this.

To all of those who have encouraged me and been supportive in all of this, Thank You. I am so blessed to have all of you! Please continue to pray for me as God stretches me. Please continue to pray for my finances for the next 5 months. Pray for my dts staff and fellow students because the enemy has and will continue to hinder what God wants for us. I love you all and miss you so much. Please keep in touch with me.

My new address is

YWAM-Denise Schlegel
7085 Battlecreek Rd.
SE Salem, OR 97317

1 comment:

  1. Hey Denise! Look at you, all bloggy and stuff!
    We are praying for you! For you to see God's hand in everything you do and encounter. Greater is HE that is in you than he that is in the world. If God be for you than who can be against you?
    When Jesus died on the cross He said "It is Finished!" and it is! God has a plan to prosper you, to give you a future and hope because ALL things work together for good! There is nothing, and no one, that can stop what God has set before you to accomplish. We are excited to see God use you and move in you! This is an amazing time in your life!
    We love you and will continue to pray for you and your group!
    jen and family

    ReplyDelete